Elizabethan manor house, Harvington Hall, is a shining example of the power of Catholic evangelisation.
Every September hundreds of pilgrims gather in the beautiful grounds of Harvington, Worcestershire, for the annual pilgrimage to the Shrine of the English Martyrs.
This year is extra special as it marks the centenary of Harvington Hall's rescue from ruin by Ellen Ferris, who gifted the Hall to the Archdiocese of Birmingham.
The moated property, which was gifted to the Archdiocese in 1923, has the greatest number of priest hides of any house in the country.
Master builder St Nicholas Owen, believed to have been the creator of four of them, is remembered during the Archdiocese’s annual pilgrimage to commemorate the English Martyrs at Harvington Hall
To mark this milestone in our history we are pleased to announce that His Grace, Archbishop Bernard Longley will be the principal celebrant of this year’s Pilgrimage Mass.
We hope you can join us to support this act of devotion to the Martyrs of the Midlands.